Mason was 9 months on Friday. Turns out 9 months is somewhat eventful. That very day he pulled himself to standing for the first time, and repeated the feat several times throughout the day. He also moved out of our room. I know. I don't wanna hear it.But the biggest event, perhaps, is that he is totally weaned. Not my doing. He just totally gave it up pretty much overnight. We have struggled through the past two days of him biting me (a LOT!) and getting mad with each attempt, and just flat out refusing. So he is totally on formula/bottles. I've nursed all my babies for a year, and I'm feeling a little sad/guilty about this. Although it's freeing at the same time. I have been pregnant or nursing for approximately 7 of the past 8 1/2 years. And now I'm done. Forever. A new chapter. It's good. (Right? It's good?). Yes. It is good.

Basketball has been going pretty well. Connor's coach suggested we try a headband and wristbands to help him focus and block out some of the sound of the game, which really overstimulates him. It did seem to help a bit. Plus, he looks so stinkin' cute in them. We always tell him there are two rules when he plays: 1. Have fun. 2. Always keep his eye on the ball. He's good at following the first rule. :)

Connor has been into dressing really nicely for church. He likes to look handsome. And he has been getting a ton of compliments on how handsome he looks. He likes this. On Sunday he was totally posing for me, asking me if he looks like a missionary, and to take his picture. Wow, he is darling (but only lets me call him handsome) and getting older. Less than 3 months until he turns 8. He has the ability to do serious melting to my heart.


Another spontaneous John Denver dance party broke out, this time a slow dance between Connor and Isabel. Which brings us to, yes, another video. The main reason I'm posting it is that my mom wants to see it. Which brings me to point out how my mom said watching Isabel in the other dance videos made her feel totally like she was watching me as a child. Carbon copy. Like I said, we are the same. Anyways, here you go mom. I love how Isabel finishes her moves. And this song, Annie's song, is what I used to dance to with Connor every rainy summer afternoon when he was a newborn. And look at him now. Again, with my heart...
9 comments:
yes- it is GOOD to know you'll never nurse or get bit again! And now Brian can take some of those night time feedings :) Connor is a stud! And i told him so last Sunday. That suit is smashing on him! Love the John Denver dancing- Connor looks like a great dance partner! So sweet!
Such handsome boys at your house. I really can't get enough of Mason's big blue eyes. I love your John Denver memories. In fact, I'm listening to Annie's song on Rhapsody right now, thanks to your cute post.
Cute boys. Mason really looks like JJ. I also see a little Parker in him. So sweet. And a handsome Connor, too! I can't watch the video on my itouch. I'll try later.
I had one who bit me and it was over after that! I think six months is a great effort nursing. But you it helps your guilt you could pump for the rest of the year and give it in a bottle ;-) Just kidding.
Those eyes! They kill me on your kids! I'm sorry about the self weaning - that is hard but just think, now your body is yours again! Forever! Hoorah! I love the dance parties too - that is my favorite JD song. And Isabel's giggle is my favorite!
What "handsome" boys! Thanks for sharing!
What is with these babies?! I actually AM pumping and feeding Audrey from a bottle. I'm shooting for six months at minimum and we'll see after that. It's pretty exhausting fitting in a 30 minute pumping session every three hours, I'll tell you that!
So cute! I can't believe how much Downing I see in little Mason- wow! Connor will definitely be the most handsome missionary- looks like you two are doing a great job prepping him! Love the slow dancing...
I love great Connor looks in that suit. I love reading your posts!
Post a Comment