The project was a wooden firehouse bank, which is about as Connor-centered as can be, him loving rescue vehicles, coins and building things.





Most of the remainder of the weekend we hunkered down and watched General Conference. I was in serious need of some uplifting and fortifying messages, and it did not disappoint. I love conference weekend. I feel renewed to serve, love others, stay close to the Spirit, and be obedient to the commandments.
Sunday was spent in our PJs. Isabel was thrilled to discover hers matched her Share Bear, and demanded I take a picture.
I made monkey bread as a treat, to remind the children not to make any monkey business while we were watching conference. It worked for about 20 minutes, as long as it took them to eat it. In truth, though, they were generally very good.
Monkey Bread3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 (11 oz.) cans refrigerated biscuits
1 cup chopped pecans
Topping:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Combine sugar and cinnamon in a large bag and shake to combine. Cut biscuits into quarters. Add biscuit pieces and chopped nuts to bag and shake. Make sure biscuit pieces are covered. Empty contents into greased bundt pan. Melt butter on the stove, then add brown sugar and vanilla; heat until mixture is combined. Pour over biscuits. Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes. Place pan upside down on large plate or platter, let sit for a minute. Then remove the pan, slice and serve the monkey bread. Yum!
8 comments:
I really should take Grant to the home depot kids project sometime I am sure he would have so much fun. The monkey bread looks yummy!
Now, that's an ideal weekend! I love the home depot aprons, too. Thanks for sharing your monkey bread recipe... I'll have to see if it helps reduce any of the monkey business at my house.
I've seen the information about the Home Depot projects before, but never really looked into it. I think I will have to check on that now!
Oooo.... you put nuts in your monkey bread! I am coming to your house next time! Love the firehouse's too! I like to go to those, but was busy that day... bummer.
We've never done a project there but one day while at Lowe's they gave us the kit they did that morning as they had extra. Addy and her Dad made a jewlery box. It's definitely fun.
That IS a great weekend! We are so totally going to Home Depot next month! Glad your monkey bread turned out- so yummy!
the monkey bread looks heavenly! we got some aprons too ;).
We love Home Depot, too. What fun!
Post a Comment