Monday, August 10, 2009

Minnesota: O'Neill family reunion

While in Minnesota, we were able to attend a family reunion for my mom's family. It was held in Superior, WI, at a park overlooking an inlet of Lake Superior. This reunion - with my grandparents, their 5 children (one of whom is my mom), the 20 grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren to date - is held every other year; the last one I attended was 6 years ago, when Connor was a newborn.

Me with my grandmother, whom I adore! She is smart, pretty and a very talented artist. I am the oldest grandchild on this side-
Connor and Isabel with my cousin Meaghan down by the lake-
My family, minus a brother and 2 son-in-laws (including Brian)-
Ten of the 20 grandchildren; I have some really fun cousins!
My grandma and grandpa with 8 of their 13 great-grandchildren-
The view is amazing when driving across the large bridge that connects Superior, WI and Duluth, MN; I loved going across the bridge to grandma and grandpa's house when I was growing up. The strip of land is Park Point, with vast Lake Superior beyond that.
I love spending time with the O'Neill family, chatting with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings and parents. It was so great to see everyone!

5 comments:

Colleen said...

I'm glad you guys were able to make it, though I wish we would have been able to spend more time together!

Kristi said...

How nice to have a big, fun family to enjoy!

taradon said...

Looks like a wonderful reunion!

Kristina said...

Great reunion pics. We had some great times.

Marie said...

It's so fun to catch up that's for sure!! I got to see some cousins on my trip too and I forgot how neat they are!