Sunday, August 16, 2009

8th Wedding Anniversary

On Tuesday, Aug. 11 Brian and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. We couldn't get a sitter that night, so we went out as a family; we went paddleboating on a little lake, and then out to Cold Stone for ice cream.

On Friday evening we got a sitter and went out to a fun little Italian restaurant, and then spent the beautiful evening just walking, shopping and talking. I forgot my camera, but it was fun, low-key, relaxing and great evening.

Every year on our anniversary, Brian at some point in the day plays the song from our first dance at our reception, "Cowboy Take Me Away" by the Dixie Chicks (I used to be REALLY into the DC) and asks me to dance, and we slow dance to it. It's a fun tradition.

I seriously need to get some of our older photos scanned, but here are a few of us through the years-
Engagement:
Wedding, Aug. 11, 2001:
The Washington Coast, Oct. 2006:

A walk in the Minnesota snow, Christmas 2007:

Spring 2009:

Happy 8 years Brian! I love you.

12 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Anniversary!

Amy said...

Sounds fun!

Bonnie said...

Happy Anniversary!

taradon said...

Congratulations on 8 years!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I love seeing all the pictures.

Kristi said...

You just couldn't be cuter. Congratulations on 8 years of happiness. :)

The Frosts said...

Happy Anniversary. Love seeing the pics through the years! Sounds like you had a fun few days together!

Pink Mom said...

Congratulations on 8 years!

We are 3. said...

All of these August anniversaries... so fun to see pics of you through the years!

Danny,Vycci and Kids said...

Happy Anniversary! Relish it! You must savor the good times. It's what keeps ya going!

The Calverts said...

Happy times! Congratulations on 8 great years!

Thekla and Grayson said...

I would have babysat if you lived closer. Happy Anniversary! All I remember about the dating Brian bit was that you were so hot about his kisses! Guess they keep coming! Ha!