And then we hiked a trail to the top of Shovel Point, with seriously breathtaking views. Isabel with my brother Nate (my kids LOVE my brothers, both of whom don't have children yet, so they are lots of fun to play with)-
Little girl in the big woods-
The 5 of us in front of Shovel Point-
The view from the top of Shovel Point-
Then we traveled down the shore to Pebble Beach, with gorgeous views of Split Rock Lighthouse, although the day was much cloudier and cooler at this time-
And we played on the rocky beach-
My brothers, Nate and JJ-
My SIL Alli with Lucas and my niece Grace-

Brian and Connor (this was the only full day Brian was able to be in MN)-
Our last stop on the North Shore was at Gooseberry Falls State Park (more hiking and beautiful scenery). The family, minus my sister Lara and her husband Josh, who were home with a sick little Emma-
My crazy brothers found a way to get Connor across the river: just toss him!
We had a fun pizza party that night in Two Harbors, MN.
7 comments:
I am bummed that we missed the fun, but so glad that Ben and Grace were able to be a part of such a fun day!!!
Love the pics, the one of Nate and JJ looking at the water is great! All of the pics of the kids are fun- Isabel in the great big trees- priceless.
What a gorgeous place!!!!! I love going to places in the summer where you get to wear long sleves and sweatshirts! :) I never knew Minnesota was so beautiful.
That is a very pretty place. It seems so peaceful in the photos; like untapped natural beauty that only few people know about. I bet it was so nice to get in some quality family time!
Wow, that scenery is just breathtaking. I've forgotten how lush and green MN is. Sigh. I need to go back. And I'm dying that you were wearing sweatshirts! Looks like you had a wonderful vacation!
All of the pictures you've been posting are so beautiful. We're going to have to take a trip to Minnesota!
I missed your blogging while you were on vacation. I can always count on a regular update from you. So I had a fun time looking and reading about all the fun. I particularly love the picture of the lighthouse. Being from Colorado my whole life, that's a site I only see in pictures. It looks beautiful. Glad your back. Good luck with starting school.
Brings back a lot of fun memories. We loved the North Shore, especially with your folks as our tour guides. Fun to see all the photos again!
Post a Comment