I had made very basic, but get-the-job-done Shrek invites.
And made this sign for the front door:
And of course we hung green streamers everywhere:
We played "Save the Swamp," where the kids were divided into two teams. Each team had a bucket of "swamp water," which was water mixed with grass and plastic frogs, snakes and lizards. They had to use a plastic container, and move the water from the filled bucket to an empty one across the yard. First team to fill the empty bucket with swamp water won. This was very fun and nicely used up some of their energy!



And we made "swamp slime" (white glue, water, food coloring and borax), and each child got to take home a baggie of slime (sorry moms!):

We served hot dogs, chips and watermelon, and I made Shrek cupcakes with cupcake rings.
And we had "swamp juice" to drink (7-Up with lime sherbet)
Gift-opening excitement!

And each child left with - what else? - a green goody bag.
All in all it was a fun, simple, low-cost, low-stress party. And Connor had a great time, which is what matters most!
10 comments:
Great party! Looks like all the kids had fun!
Spencer sure had a good time- thanks for inviting him! By the way- the slime is already in the trash. :-) He still talks about all the fun things he did that!
What a cute idea...I am glad to hear that everything went well!
Sounds like a lot of fun! You're so creative! Looks like Isabel was having fun, too! BTW, what did Connor get for gifts? (Nannas need to know these things!)
Love,
Mom H
Looks like a great party! Was shrek a good guest? Where was Donkey? Loved your creative ideas. I am sure you made mom proud.
Fun party! I love the swamp theme, and all of the green sliminess. It looks like Connor and his friends had a blast!
Looks like a fun party!!
You are amazing! That sounds like a fabulous party - good job, Mom!
Never anything short of creative, amazing from you!! Looks like fun, I coming to you for ideas for my poor kids parties!!
Looks awesome!!!! We're doing Lindsay's first "friend birthday party" tomorrow! I'm nervous! I hope they have as much fun as yours did!
Post a Comment