




We kept the day low-key, perfect for a 2-year-old: a trip to the park, some mommy horse-back rides, a million readings of his favorite book, "Buzz Buzz Busy Bees." We had a family pizza party with cupcakes. Can you sense the cupcake excitement?


He got a fun animal puzzle from grandma and grandpa:
And a basketball hoop from his family; this has already proven to be a well-loved gift:
A few things about Lucas at 2:-He has the strongest personality EVER. Some adjectives to describe him include: feisty, strong-willed, determined, confident, opinionated, expressive, engaging, animated, funny, very smart, aggressive, busy, fearless.
-He HAS to keep up with his brother and sister, do everything they do. I really love watching him watch them; he constantly does what they do and says what they say. I really have to watch him, as he usually tries to do things that are too old/big for him.
-He is 100% boy; his favorites are bugs, balls, animals, trucks/transportation, books, being outside, rocks, dirt, going to the park.
-In all honesty, he has been a bit challenging lately; his strong personality has led to sometimes frequent tantrums (at home and in public, ugh). I think that strong personality will be great as he gets older, but it can give me a run for my money right now!
-He is talking a lot; some of my favorite Lucas sayings right now are: "ta-da!;" "I did it!;" "whazat?" (what's that); "one more (as in one more time on the slide when I say it's time to leave); "why mom?" (when I tell him no). As his language continues to develop, I am hoping that will reduce some of the tantrums that come from his frustrated communication.
-He loves to play with Connor and Isabel, and has a different relationship with each of them; this is so fun to see.
-He does well at his Nursery class at church.
-He loves Sesame Street and Elmo.
What a little boy this is; he brings so much love to our family. Certainly not a quiet third child, he makes his presence known continually. We all love and adore him and thoroughly enjoy watching him become a little person. No doubt many good things are ahead for him. Love ya Lucas!
9 comments:
Happy Birthday Lucas!
Happy birthday! He sure is a cutie.
I can't believe he is 2! Wow! He has certainly changed since you moved, he is such a big boy now!
Happy birthday!
Happy birthday Lucas! Love your personality. I am not sure how I got such a calm one. Miss you Lucas!
Happy Birthday Lucas! Love the pictures- what a sweet little boy!
We cannot wait to see him this summer!
He really does have beautiful eyes... Happy Birthday to Lucas!
Happy Birthday to Lucas! He does have amazing eyes! And it always makes me a little sad when the stinker personality comes out in my babies. It means they are growing up! Looks like he had a fabulous day!
Happy birthday to our precious 2 year old. Love the pics...he is a doll...and those eyes. Hugs and kisses from grandma
He's a heartbreaker!
Post a Comment