Friday, June 5, 2009

Savannah's Race update, + this and that

Savannah's Race is next Saturday, and we are getting excited for the big day. We are thrilled with the fruits of our fundraising labors. As of today, we have raised $1,955! That's just $45 away from the $2,000 goal. I was getting worried there for a while, but things really picked up and we are in the home stretch. Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who has contributed to Savannah's Race in support of Team Howell. And if you still want to make a contribution, it's not too late! You can still send us a check or donate via Paypal. There is one week left to make a contribution. We'll be sure to post about the race, which promises to be an action-packed event. Can't wait. My competitive streak is already simmering.

After a slow start, we are in full summer swing here, and you know, it ain't half bad! Our calendar is filling up quicker than I can keep up with, lots of things going on. And I thought after a crazy May, that June would quiet down. Not so. But that's OK. I'll post soon about the fun things we have going on.

Connor has been making some strides to be a bit kinder to his siblings (is 6 a naughty age, or is it just me?). The other day, just to prove it to me, he grabbed Isabel and Lucas in a hug and directed me to take a picture of them. So I did, and now I can prove it to you that they do indeed love each other. Don't mind Isabel's tongue.

The other day Lucas sure thought he was getting away with something (and in truth, he probably was) when he got to spend some time on Connor's top bunk bed. That is generally off-limits, but Connor was engaged doing something and didn't notice. Ahhh, the joys of being a younger sibling. I wouldn't know. I'm the oldest of 5. Sorry sibs.
Incidentally, that cute little boy turns 2 on Wednesday.

6 comments:

Kristina said...

Good job fundraising. What a worthy cause! Cute kid pics. I am glad Connor is trying to be nice. I sure wish my oldest sibling would've tried that once in a while. It was downright awful! Hee hee hee.

Anonymous said...

WOW way to go getting to your goal!

Pink Mom said...

Good luck - it sounds like a lot of fun.

Amy said...

CooL! Good luck with the race.

taradon said...

Congrats on your fundraising - I can't wait to hear all about the race!

The Calverts said...

Awesome job on the fundraising! Good luck with the race.