Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fabuluos first day of fall

Since the first day of the fall - the best season of all! - fell on a gorgeous Saturday, we knew we had to spend it in the mountains looking at the leaves. I packed a lunch that included Honeycrisp apples and my mom's pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting, and we drove up to see the full splendor.

It was really beautiful. We saw amazing leaves; almost had a large bull elk run into our car - his antlers were within a couple of feet of my open window, as he was attempting to cross the highway right where we happened to be driving; went on a glorious hike; and picnicked by a mountain lake. It really was picture perfect, and we all had such a fun day together.



























1 comment:

Kristi said...

So lovely. That rock with the foliage growing around it is interesting, I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it.