Saturday, May 12, 2012

Glimpses of me

Lucas' wonderful preschool teacher held a Mother's Day Tea for the kids and their moms, and Lucas was beside himself with excitement about it. It was so lovely. The children escorted us to and seated us at the table, which was decorated with flowers, balloons, handmade vases and place mats, and a placard. They served us chocolate mousse, lemonade punch, chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies (one of my faves), and fresh fruit. The children performed a fun mother's day song, and we made coupons for each other of ways to serve and spend time with each other.

I loved having such a fun date with my handsome boy, who is such a good, well-behaved, delightful person. Lucky me. But according to the place mats, I was the "oldest" mom there - seriously, 70? Unlucky me.





I had a fun lunch recently with my former co-workers from Children's Hospital; we comprised a big part of the PR department back in the day. We haven't all worked together in nearly 9 years, but we still keep in touch and do lunch 2 or 3 times a year. And this is the first time we've actually taken a picture! So fun to connect and catch up. Didn't notice until later the funny cook getting in on the action!


I needed some headshots for my new column position, so I turned to my dear friend Kristie for help. I hate myself in pictures, but she worked her magic and I actually kinda like them! It's been fun getting opinions from family and friends and helping me pick my faves. Here they are:



 




2 comments:

Kris said...

What a gorgeous girl you are! Hope you had an amazing Mother's Day. :)

Kristi said...

Oh, I remember preschool Mother's Day luncheons! I miss that age so much. I know I already gushed on FB, but again, these photos of you are so darn cute.